SCSI and ATAPI Hardware Supported by NetBSD
The following devices (driver name in parentheses) are supported by machine-independent SCSI and ATAPI drivers. If you do not see your device listed here, check your platform's page; there may not yet be a machine-independent driver for your device.
Alternatively, it may be the case that your device is compatible with one
listed here, or your device may not be listed due to an oversight. If you
are unsure, please boot a -current kernel or send mail to
Note that SCSI and ATAPI devices are listed together. This is because the drivers for the two types of devices are almost completely shared; ATAPI is more-or-less a way of using an ATA transport for SCSI commands.
Please note that these pages reflect the state of NetBSD-current. To check the supported hardware list for a specific release of NetBSD, check that release's installation notes.
- SCSI and ATAPI CD-ROM drives, and ATAPI CD-ROM drive/changer combos (cd(4))
- SCSI media changers, including Archive and HP DAT changers, and Exabyte changers (ch(4))
- SCSI and ATAPI disks and floppies, including SCSI ZIP and Jazz drives, and ATAPI ZIP drives, and SCSI RAID arrays which masquerade as a SCSI disk (sd(4))
- SCSI Ethernet interfaces, including the Cabletron EA412 (se(4))
- SCSI scanners, including Umax and HP ScanJets (ss(4))
- SCSI tape drives (st(4))
Back to Hardware Devices Supported by NetBSD