PCMCIA Hardware Supported by NetBSD
The following devices (driver name in parentheses) are supported by machine-independent PCMCIA CARDBUS drivers. If you do not see your device listed here, check your platform's page; there may not yet be a machine-independent driver for your device.
Alternatively, it may be the case that your device is compatible with one
listed here, or your device may not be listed due to an oversight. If you
are unsure, please boot a -current kernel or send mail to
Please note that these pages reflect the state of NetBSD-current. To check the supported hardware list for a specific release of NetBSD, check that release's installation notes.
Hayakawa Koichi has integrated his Cardbus code into -current. This provides support for various Yenta-based Cardbus bridges and associated device drivers.
So far, device drivers are available for the following Cardbus devices:
- SCSI host adapters
- Network interfaces
- 3Com 3c575 10/100 Ethernet cards (ex(4))
- Intel i82557 based 10/100 Ethernet cards (fxp(4))
- RealTek RTL8139 based 10/100 Ethernet cards (rtk(4))
- Digital 21143 based 10/100 Ethernet cards (tlp(4))
- Xircom X3201-3 based 10/100 Ethernet cards (tlp(4))
- ADMtek AN983 and AN985 based 10/100 Ethernet cards, including Planex, Corega, I/O Data, AboCom, and ACCTON cards (tlp(4))
- Atheros 802.11 wireless network cards (ath(4))
- ADMtek ADM8211 802.11 wireless network cards (atw(4))
- Ralink Technology RT25x0 802.11a/b/g wireless network cards (ral(4))
- Realtek RTL8180L 802.11b wireless network cards (rtw(4))
- Communication controllers
Back to Hardware Devices Supported by NetBSD