This is a list of ongoing projects, or projects that are waiting for volunteers to pick them up.
- USIII: Support for UltraSparc III (and higher) CPUs and their PCI bridges needs to be written.
- Sun4v: Support for T1000 and T2000 needs to be written.
- Cleanup locore.s: Locore.s needs a cleanup.
- KGDB: The code for kgdb needs to be fixed back up.
- IOMMU: The iommu code may be a performance bottleneck. This needs to be investigated.
- floppy drive (for EBus based machines)
- smart card reader (found in Blade/Netra systems)
- environmental sensors (not really sparc64 specific)
- console processor (to allow (a)lom configuration from within NetBSD)
- We should provide bootloaders for non-ufsv1 filesystems.
- We could build both sparc and sparc64 libraries and allow userland (and third party/pkgsrc) programs to be build as 32bit binaries.
- Lots of pkgsrc software needs fixes for sparc64.
- Some of the assembler routines used in our libraries use registers that they should not change, according to the ABI. This is a problem for example with CLISP. Careful review is needed.