NetBSD/hp300 1.1 was the second formal release of
Jason Thorpe was the maintainer of NetBSD/hp300 at the time of the 1.1 release.
NetBSD/hp300 1.1 will run on most HP 9000/300 series computers.
It has been tested on machines with as little as 7.5M of RAM.
A minimal installation, less X and source, will fit on a 120M disk.
Devices supported by NetBSD/hp300 1.1 include:
If you have a device that's not listed, it might be compatible with something
else, or we might have simply forgotten it. If all else fails, maybe you could
write a driver!
- 68020-based: 318, 319, 320, 330, and 350
- 68030-based: 340, 345, 360, 370, 375, and 400
- 68040-based: 380, 425 and 433
- HP-IB/CS80: 7912, 7914, 7933, 7936, 7945, 7957, 7958, 7959, 2200, and 2203
- SCSI-I, including magneto-optical and CD-ROM
- Tape drives:
- Low-density HP-IB/CS80 cartridge: 7914, 7946, and 9144
- High-density HP-IB/CS80 cartridge: 9145
- HP-IB/CS80 1/2": 7974A, 7978A/B, 7979A, 7980A, and 7980XC.
- SCSI: HP DAT and Exabyte
- RS232 interfaces:
- 98644 built-in single port (dca)
- 98642 4-port (dcm)
- 98638 8-port (dcm)
- Network interfaces:
- 98643 built-in and add-on LAN cards
- 98544, 98545, and 98547 color and monochrome Topcat
- 98548, 98549, and 98550 color and monochrome Catseye
- 98700 and 98710 Gatorbox
- 98720 and 98721 Renaissance
- 98730 and 98731 DaVinci
- A1096A monochrome Hyperion
- Input devices:
- General interface supporting all HIL devices: keyboard, 2 and 3
button mice, and ID module
- Battery-backed real-time clock
- 98625A and 98625B built-in HP-IB interface
- 98658A built-in SCSI interface
- Printers and plotters on RS232 and HP-IB
- SCSI autochanger
Supported Boot Options
NetBSD/hp300 1.1 supports booting from SCSI and HP-IB disks
(SYS_PBOOT) and via local area network (SYS_NBOOT).
If you're interested in NetBSD/hp300 you should use a
more recent version.
Up to NetBSD 1.1 formal release
$NetBSD: hp300.html,v 1.5 2010/03/21 19:00:30 dsieger Exp $
Copyright © 1994-2003
The NetBSD Foundation, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.